┌(˘⌣˘)ʃ☕

Monday, March 17, 2014

How I got into Chiptune •͜ •

I had been tinkering with some old Game Boys when I found my Game Boy Color and started back playing Mario Tennis. I was soon ordering games from eBay, playing Tetris, Warioland, and Kirby. These games peaked my curiosity; Kirby's Adventure in particular. The music in Kirby games was phenomenal! So I began to experiment with LSDj on my laptop. I printed off the LSDj manual, sat down, and read. I read for maybe an hour straight, and then started to get to know my way around LSDj. Slowly but surely I started to understand the basics. That day I started some crude tracks, getting far too much enjoyment out of the beeps and bloops I was making whilst fumbling around LSDj's interface. Since then, I have been tracking in LSDj and learning new tricks to liven up my songs. I've even modded my Game Boy Color with a GBAsp frontlight that a friend gave me and gave it prosound so I can record my songs! My first mod was an old DMG model that I got from eBay. I got my parts from Kitsch-Bent (case, buttons, screen protector, backlight, etc..) and I was so excited! I would daydream at work, hoping that my mailbox would contain my treasures when I got home! Then one day, I got my package in the mail! I was almost late to work the next day because I was putting it all together! xD I failed miserably at my first backlight installation, but the next one went off without a hitch, and I soon began the search for another DMG to mod. This one I wanted to be plain-jane, but with a red backlight. So I found a DMG on eBay, fixed it's vertical lines, gave it prosound and a backlight, and whalla! I was hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment